This workshop is open to retailers only. Online registration instructions are provided below. Non-RILA members please contact Andrew Sousa at firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
If you have trouble accessing your account or registration, email Larry.Corkey@rila.org.
The Center for Retail Compliance (CRC) is hosting a free California hazardous waste workshop for retailers. Workshop participants will enhance their understanding of California’s complex environmental regulations and what makes an effective compliance program. The regulatory panel gives attendees the opportunity ask questions directly to a CUPA inspector. This workshop does not replace your company-specific procedures or training. The workshop is also an opportunity to network with your environmental peers.
• Materials will be distributed at registration
Complexities of CA Hazardous Waste Regulations
• Hazardous waste driven compliance obligations and how retailers meet them.
• The challenges of hazardous waste management in California, including CUPAs
• Hands-on small group exercises based on real-world case studies.
Hazardous Materials Business Plans (HMBPs)
• Applicability, requirements and enforcement.
Compliance Strategies for an Effective CA Hazardous Waste Program
• Program design
• Accumulation areas
• Manifest tracking
• Data management and reporting
Hazardous Waste Exercise
Update on DTSC's Retail Waste Workgroup
• Highlights from latest memo (reverse logistics, medical waste, aquatic toxicity testing, empty containers)
• Real-life perspectives on compliance with hazardous waste regulations
• Featuring Heather Tanner (Sacramento CUPA) & Michelle Henry (San Juaquin CUPA), Michael Steel (Morrison & Foerster), Retailer TBD